Kastoria is a city in western Macedonia, the capital of the homonymous Regional Unit. The city is characterized by its large lake, Lake Orestiada, with the length of its shores reaching about 30 kilometers.
In the film’s opening shot, a couple enjoys the lake’s tranquility and a duck looks for food in its waters. The lake has a rich bird fauna and more than 200 species of birds are found in the area. In the background, the volumes of the Vitsi mountain range are visible.
The filmmaker gives us a panoramic shot that starts from Makedonomachon Square and continues with the peninsula, at the top of which we can see the church of the Prophet Elias. At the base of the hill is the building of the Nautical Club of Kastoria.
Afterwards, we see part of the North beach and the Apozari district, a shot that was taken in front of the statue of the Metropolitan of Kastoria Germanos Karavangelis (1900-1908), in the square of the same name.