We are in the medieval castle city of Mystras, in the lower city and specifically in the Metropolitan Church of St Demetrius.
Above the city’s fortification wall between cypress trees stands out the complex of domes and the bell tower.
The lens approaches giving us details from the church’s facade and then, from the decoration of the gate that leads to the interior.
The film closes with shots from the arched gate of the fortification wall where the filmmakers company pose for the camera.
The church’s foundation is placed immediately after 1262 where Mystras is ceded by the Franks to the Greek Byzantines with the first owner being Metropolitan Eugenios. The original form of the church had the appearance of a three-aisled basilica. Between 1286-1315 when Moschopoulos was a metropolitan, a narthex and a portico were added to the west side of the church and during the 15th century, Metropolitan Matthew added the gallery.
In its current form, the church belongs to the so-called mixed type of Mystras, which combines the three-aisled basilica on the ground floor and the five-domed cruciform inscribed church in the gallery.