Moving by road on the Old National Road, we see on our side the building of the Prefecture and in the background in a distant shot the Lighthouse of Alexandroupolis, 18 meters high, a symbol of the city.
Its construction work began in 1850 by the French company of Lighthouses and Lanterns of the Mediterranean and the project was inaugurated on June 1, 1880. Until 1955, it operated with acetylene, then with oil, until 1970 where it was electrified.
Continuing in the port, we see fishing boats and several works in it and then shots from the buildings of the city, with apartment buildings rising next to one-storey houses with pitched roofs.
The film closes with the military band and the army parade, possibly for Sunday's flag lowering.