The castle of Nerantzia was built by the Knights Hospitaller of Saint John. Its construction began in 1436 and was completed in 1514. It was constructed with local stone and with the remains of ancient constructions and buildings from the ruins of the ancient city and the Asclepeion.
We are in the precinct of the Castle where the cinematographer, following his friend, gives us shots of the fortifications of the castle with the minaret of the Lotzia mosque as a background.
The tour continues in the inner courtyard, where we observe the remains of the garrison rooms, stairs and warehouses as well as towers with battlements.
The film closes with shots in the restored (by the Italians) warehouse where are exhibits of altars, sculptures, capitals and inscriptions with a last view at the coats of arms that adorn one of the four fortification towers.