We are in Vryses of Apokoronas, a village in the prefecture of Chania in Crete.
In front of us, a road sign indicates the directions to Rethymno and Sfakia, villagers move among the shady mulberries.
A man, who wears the traditional cretan military-type breeches, the “stivania” (the traditional cretan black boots that complement the attire) and a hat, crosses the road up ahead of the sign.
Another man, who rides on a donkey, stops, dismounts and carries a crate of tomatoes, which he had tied to the saddle. On the wall is the sign of the oil products company, Shell, and in the background a bus to Chania is visible.
Afterwards, we see general and close-up shots at the Monument of the Post-Revolutionary Committee for the Liberation of Crete (Revolution 1895 - 1898), which was formed in Turkish-occupied Crete in 1895, and just one month after its formation, proceeded to the successful organization and expansion of the last revolution in Crete.
This particular piece of art was created by the sculptor Giannis Kanakakis, as an expression of gratitude and admiration, to the Anonymous Cretan Revolutionary.