We are in Chania, Crete, Greece, in the coast of Tompazi in the old Venetian Port of Chania.
We see views of Yali Mosque or Küçük Hasan Pasha Mosque (17th century) and then views from the buildings of Kountouriotis coast. The architecture is impressive with a mixture of Cretan, Ottoman and Venetian elements.
At the end of the coast, the Nautical Museum of Crete is located at the entrance to the Firka Fortress, on the West side of Chania harbour (16th century), where on the first of December of 1913 the Greek flag was risen, signaling the union of Crete with the rest of Greece. The then Prime Minister Eleftherios Venizelos, Admiral Koundouriotis and King Constantine were attenders.
A stop for Greek coffee with the Egyptian Lighthouse (16th century, originally built by the Venetians) in view, one of the oldest lighthouses still preserved in the world. As the tour continues, the lens stands in the tender embrace of a couple with the “silent" buildings watching over them.
The footage from Tompazi coast continues with passers-by, the port, the Presentation of the Virgin Mary Cathedral’s bell tower in Chania and stands on a horse that eats from its feeder as the driver of the carriage waits for passengers.
The film closes with views from the road in the village of Vrysses, just outside of Chania.