We are located in one of the oldest monasteries of Argolida, a few kilometers away from Epidavros, the Monastery of Agnountos.
The lens stands on the monastery’s wall, in a tower that is preserved till today in good condition, wanders in the natural landscape of the area and follows an elderly man who passes the gate of the wall to go to the church's patio where a dog wags its tail and barks for greeting.
The elderly man enters the church and we watch the main entrance, the lion’s relief head on the metope, the carved Byzantine cross, the arcs and domes that support the main octagonal dome.
Afterwards, the lens wanders around the towers of the monastery, on the steps that lead to the monks' cells and closes with a view of a cat that stares us from the stones she sits on.
The Holy Monastery of Agnountos dates back to about 1029 AD and had a fortified character to protect the monks from raids and looting.
It is a single-naved basilica with a Byzantine style and in the past it had a rich library and a treasury that were looted.