Toledo is the capital of the province of Toledo in the autonomous community of Castile–La Mancha in central Spain on the right bank of the Tajo River. In 1986 it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. In the past (1085-1559) it was the capital of the Spanish Empire.
The first shots of the film, taken from the car, show a sign pointing the way to Toledo. As the car approaches, we can see the fortress of Alcázar which has been used as a fort, castle, and palace, and whose roots date back to the 3rd century AD. Today, it is a military museum and library.
Directly after, we are in one of the city’s open markets in which the famous Castile-La Mancha ceramics are sold: plates, vases, platters, cups and other decorative or functional items decorated with scenes from agricultural life and nature. Floral designs abound. The cinematographer’s companion buys a souvenir.
Shots of the city from inside the car follow, along narrow streets under arches. A panoramic view of the Tajo River and a detail of one of the spires of the Gothic Cathedral. A quick view of part of the wall of a medieval castle can be seen before the visitors once again visit the souvenir market where we see a suit of armor, a guitar and other such items.
The cinematographer’s companion gazes in the window of a jeweler’s shop.