The lens approaches the cannon hole as if it wants to travel through its hole to the glorious past of the medieval castle city, when it was threatening the invaders.
We are in Monemvasia, in the Christos Elkomenos central Square where we see the Church of the Elkomenos Christos, a basilica with its majestic bell tower.
Above it, we see the church of Panagia (Virgin Mary) Myrtidiotissa which is a domed basilica (1690-1715), surrounded by old mansions of incomparable architecture. We see behind a bougainvillea flower, a part of the city’s fortification following the hill’s edges and at the top of the hill the walls of the castle.
Going up the cobbled stairs we meet the gate of the castle and immediately after the narrow labyrinthine of cobbled streets with its burrows that used to wait to trap the enemy. Alongside the wall, over the steep cliff, we see the Myrtoan Sea in the background as far as the horizon ends.
We see between the castle and the Myrtoan Sea, the city with its stone houses in complete harmony with the rock that houses them and the churches of Panagia Myrtidiotissa and the Elkomenos Christos one more time.
The film closes with a shot of one of the bastions of the castle.