Aperi, that is built at the foothills of Mountain Hamali, is crossed by a green creek where we watch views of the green landscape at the beginning of the film.
The lens focuses on the foothills of the mountain and the valley where the small houses look like mosaic art, while the bell tower of the Church of Virgin Mary (built in 1855), reminds us that it is the Holy Metropolis of the whole island.
A crowded bus passes by the bridge that connects the two sides of the village and disappears as it goes down to the road.
Then, views of houses of the village and the film closes with a group of children who spend their time near the man's eternal best friend, their dog.
Aperi was the capital of Karpathos until 1892 when the Ottoman Kaymakam Ohannes Ferid Efendi (of Armenian origin) made Pigadia, capital of the island.
The village was originally built on the top of Koraki on Mountain Hamali, where there are ruins of the Venetian castle. The settlement was moved to the foothills of the mountain after signs that were left by the Virgin Mary, according to tradition.